Ok, I’m sure you are already really smart.
I’m not claiming to be smarter than you, or anyone else, I mean, I do think of myself as a pretty intelligent guy, but that’s not the point.
It may seem like I’m making quite a claim here; definitions of ‘smart’ vary, and you may have some understandable doubts concerning my qualifications, but bear with me. We could all stand to be a little smarter, right?
I’m not talking about the accumulation of knowledge; this blog will not be a series of wiki articles on subjects that interest me. You have Wikipedia for that. I’m talking about what you do with that knowledge...more like wisdom.
….Aaaaand now it seems like an even bigger claim!
“Ok, Mr. Andrew the Wise, how are you going to make me wiser? Hm?”
(Drumroll)
…......
…....
….
…
..
.
...I’m not.
All I’m going to do is put my thoughts down in writing, and present them to you as clearly as I can, and while you read those thoughts, whether you agree with them or not, whether you find them positively stupid or not, they will have a strange effect on your mind...
They will prompt it to react by creating its own thoughts.
I don’t know about you, but I am convinced that thinking is one of the best things you can do with your mind. It’s really great stuff. When you present your mind with a problem to solve, or an idea to judge, and work through it, you gain more than the solution to that problem; you gain perspective; you gain wisdom. You get smarter.
I’ve found that I can learn from anything. Even if I think it’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever read. In that case, I just learn not to be dumb.
“So,” you might say “You’re saying that reading in general makes you smarter. Why should I read YOUR blog? There are lots of people out there wiser than you; I could read their work.”
Errrrhmmmm.....
SEE!!!! Look at you! You’re questioning; you’re thinking! You’ve escaped from the narrow view presented to you (This blog makes you smarter) to a broader, wiser truth. (you should read more) And that’s all you, my friend! :-D
My point is proved; reading this blog has already made you smarter.
Now I don’t want to tell you what to do, but I would think that since you’ll obviously now be searching for rich new veins of thought ore, that, um, this blog here might be a good place to...you know... start. I mean, considering the results....
Already smarter.
Just saying.
P.S.
Be sure to comment so I can read it and we’ll both be smarter!
Not . . . sure . . . if . . . smarter . . . yet.
ReplyDeleteFun format though. Also, nice length of post. Very easy to read.
I'm going to read this regularly so yeah... two readers!
ReplyDelete