Thursday, March 28, 2013

God Vs. Science: What Christians Need to Know


I don’t feel like writing. Not at all.
Not yet.
Ok, it’s only 11:09, and that’s good, because I have a huge subject for you...
...wait for it...


God Vs. Science.


(Delighted shudder) I love this one.
This post isn’t going to be an apologetic. (Though I do have some thoughts on that we may see later) This post is for Christians; about how we should look at that subject, and if that very phrase (God Vs. Science) didn’t seem off to you, you’re looking at it wrong.

God is not at odds with science, and science does not disagree with God.

The idea that science can disprove the existence of a divine creator is absolutely absurd.
Science deals with observation. It knows what it sees, and as such, it can never prove that something DOESN’T exist; it is impossible to observe something not existing! I don’t think I can put it any simpler than that.

“But...but..W-What about evolution?”

(Sigh) Yes. What about it indeed.


Disagreeing with evolution has become quite unpopular lately. So taboo, that anyone who publicly comes out against it in any way is immediately met with ridicule and judgment. 
Just watch. If this blog ever develops a strong readership, someone WILL call me an idiot. It's only a matter of time. Why? Because anyone who would even question the validity of evolution HAS to be an idiot! Either that, or they're are lying.

Oh, yes! Evolution is evident, and undeniable. That is why we Christians need to accept evolution. It must have all happened between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2, or maybe they weren't 24 hour days. You know, 'cuz to God a thousand years is a day and stuff? Surely there's room for God and science! Right? 

Well, right. But there's certainly no room for that balderdash.

It saddens and angers me to see Christians cowering from science as if knowledge is the enemy, just as it does when I see people’s faith shaken by a religious fanatic waving an “evolution” flag.

Humanism is the religion. Evolution an excuse.

You see, atheism has been around for ages, because let’s face it: doing whatever we want sounds pretty awesome, but there was a problem: if God didn’t create the world and all of these creatures, where did they come from? Enter Charles Darwin.

Charlie spent some time down on the Galapagos Islands and noticed the effects of adaptation.

Now adaptation, that’s a real thing; it's been observed, and scientifically proven. Animals have a capability to adapt by passing on genetic changes through generations. Look at dog breeding.

But here's the twist: It's still a dog. Look back at that definition of evolution, at the second one; the one Darwin had in his dictionary, the one he decided to name his theory for.

A more complex form.

Whoah, whoah! Hold on, Chuck! Where does that even come from? How was that one subspecies of Galapagos finch a more complex creature than the others? Doesn't having a beak more suited for one purpose make it less suited for another? That is not evolution, my friend. That is simply change.

Copy paste, copy paste. The same thing over and over. That's the story of evolution. You take an observation of fact and draw a conclusion right next to it. Make sure it's in the same font so no one will notice. Now it's all science. Woohoo!

Ever watched the Science Channel? Interesting how an "intellectual and practical study" can develop an opinion.

Truth is, no has ever observed true evolution in biology. That's why it's still a theory. Animals can adapt, sure. Even mutate. They just don't seem to get any ...better. Wonder why. Maybe they were made perfect in the first place?

And if someone starts harping about the fossil record, or carbon dating, just ask them about the whale that stood on its nose for thousands of years, or why an all-powerful God can't make rocks with as much carbon 14 as he wants.

There is no proof; there can't be. They weren't there.

I could dedicate an entire series of posts to reasons why I don't think evolution makes sense as a theory; why it disagrees with science. I probably will. But today, that's not the point. This is all you need:

"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth"

...And don't ever let anyone convince you that it's not.

Don’t let them tell you that believing in God is ignorance. You don’t believe in God because you’ve observed him, and you’re not going to stop because no one has. If you don’t know anything about science, know this: it can neither validate or refute your faith in any way. That isn’t how it works. 

You shouldn't try to make the Bible agree with the Science Channel, but I don't think you'll have trouble finding where it agrees with science.


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you tell me... When sin entered the world, God's perfect plan was not fulfilled and when sin entered the world, things changed, correct? Is it possible that evolution could fit into this scenario?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How does corruption affect improvement? I certainly believe that there were changes following Adam's fall. Adaptation, like the teeth to eat meat, and the development of parasites and viruses; certainly not part of a perfect creation. Evolution, this is not. My point is this: Why do we need to find a way for evolution to work? Maybe if there was any actual evidence;if someone saw it happen, but I don't think they ever will.
    In a later post, I'll talk more about the flaws I find with the theory, and why to me, it really doesn't make any sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two thumbs up! This was very well put. You make it sound very simple, as it is.

    ReplyDelete